It extends HTML
markup elements otherwise missing from the language.
In preprocessor output, the new elements are emulated using
XHTML 1.0 S
making Nelson fully compatible with all current web browsers.
- Footnotes in HTML—finally!
- A well-thought-out quotation microformat
- A proper
- Elegant and simple image galleries
- Over 30 new markup elements in all
- Makes serious authoring in HTML possible
- Turns Web into a scientific publishing medium
- Brings badly missed beauty into HTML
- Freedom from web standardization politics
- Freedom from Internet Explorer laggardness
- Resurrects two buried HTML 3.0 elements
- Addresses several design flaws in HTML
- Provides prog. lang. syntax highlighting
- A 17,000 word User's Guide is online
- Honorware: pay what you think is fare
- No lockout, license key, or code obfuscation
- 100% free from Web 2.0 neologisms
- No corporate jargon or latest fads
- Does not “phone home”